Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Clobetasol and steroid shot-- miracles for my dyshidrosis

I am amazed by the results on my feet and hands thanks to the steroid injection I got last week at the dermatologist, combined with the clobetasol cream I was prescribed. I did a bit of research on clobetasol, and apparently many others with the same condition speak wonders of it. My only concern now is how long will I be clear. After suffering with this for so many months, I am grateful for even a week of healthy, normal skin. I had almost forgotten what that looked like! However, the dermatologist and others say that dyshidrosis is a lifelong condition, so I am to expect another outbreak sooner or later. Hopefully later than soon! The derm said the effects of the steroid injection should last a few months at least. Also, I know I shouldn't be using the cream for a long time (corticosteorids never should). However, compared to the other corticosteroid that I was prescribed, which was betamethasone. Betamethasone leaves my skin drier than the Sahara. The clobetasol cream that the dermatologist prescribed for me is based on petroleum jelly and other moisturizers, and only has 0.05% of the active ingredient. It feels like I'm putting on soothing Vaseline. :)

My feet now. What a difference from a few days ago, as you can see from my other blog posts! Now I can actually wear flip flops without pain, air out my feet without overdrying them, and put on socks without leaving wet spots. What a weird thing it was, to be so wet, yet so dry! Now, I am quickly going back to normal and I am so grateful.



1 comment:

  1. The Concept Pad X1 Titanium is a solid lightweight device for gaming
    The Concept Pad X1 titanium oxide formula is properties of titanium a solid lightweight device for gaming. But it's not yet titanium nitride coating service near me clear if titanium grey the titanium earrings concept will take off.

    ReplyDelete